Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a junior-level communications professional to join Ogilvy as an Assistant Account Executive (AAE) in the Denver office with a specific focus on clients in the technology sector.
As an assistant account executive, you will join a very smart, talented and dynamic group of professionals working with clients ranging from startups seeking counsel on how to build brand awareness, to established organizations seeking refreshed relevance in our tech/innovation dominated world. Our clients rely on us to find creative solutions to solving their business and communications challenges. Our clients require us to think cross-discipline, e.g. earned media influence, brand-owned content strategies with engagement in paid and non-paid social media. Are you up for the challenge?
An AAE is the most junior member of the professional account staff who proactively expands their PR and influence skills while working with clients. While the successful candidate may have limited professional experience, the expectation is that they start day one on the job with a curious mind that has already reflected on the day’s news and/or social conversation and brings ideas ready to share on what those topics might mean for our clients. In addition, he/she should have basic public relations, social media, writing, media, organizational and research skills, be able to handle direct client contact and have the potential to become a good program developer, presenter and counselor.
- Actively works to develop a broad understanding of the business, is gaining knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the company
- Proactively identifies and pursues opportunities for contributing to the team, group and agency
- Demonstrates knowledge of the group's communications plans for clients and actively seeks to learn clients' business and account objectives
- Monitors and analyzes media coverage and/or social conversation, prepares reports
- Develops media lists and other reports as needed, timely and accurately, develops storylines as needed
- Develops an understanding of accurate time management and budget management, including timely and accurate time sheets, expense reports and activity reports
- Gains knowledge of the agency’s capabilities; participates in the development of new client pursuits
- 1-2 years communications experience with emphasis on media relations and social media engagement; prior PR agency experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in broad technology topics, especially business-to-business technology and its implications for business and government. Think artificial intelligence, big data and cloud computing to get a sense of what we mean by B2B tech. Consumer electronics background is a plus, but B2B will win the day.
- Exceptional writing ability with experience developing all forms of communication including strategic plans, news releases, newsletters, and content for online channels
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response
- Ability and confidence to work independently and with remote teams
- Strong strategic and creative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills